Happy Valentine’s Day!
I’m not sure how much you celebrate this day with your honey or your family, but this photo booth is sure to bring some fun to your day! It only took me about 10 minutes to set this up. Maybe a few more to gather my girls and shoot the photos. The end result are some fun photos to remember Valentine’s Day 2015. Give it a try!
DIY V-DAY PHOTO BOOTH
1. FIND GOOD LIGHT. Look for a spot in your house that has some filtered light. (For me this was right by my front door) Other places could be by a window or sliding glass door. Make sure there is no direct sun shining in.
2. GRAB SOME PHOTO PROPS. Get in to that dress up bin if you have one! Some ideas are in the photo below.
3. FIND A BACKGROUND. I used my daughter’s fuzzy blanket. You could also use a sheet, poster board, or a piece of fabric. Black poster board could be used as a chalkboard background.
4. SET YOUR BACKGROUND UP. I set my background up over two chairs. You could do this on a door that faced a window or have two people hold your background up.
5. GET YOUR PEOPLE AND HAVE FUN! I let my girls have at the props and pose how they wanted (obviously). The more you try to control, the more the fun goes out the window. I had to crop in tight since my shooting area was a little cramped. Because I was shooting by the front door, I could open the door and back up a bit.
She is pointing to the word LOVE on her shirt. I realize it looks like she could be pointing to something else. I still loved this shot, so included it. (below)
(There’s no sass going on in any of these pictures….
Get creative and be sure to get in the photo. I totally didn’t, so that’s a reminder to me as well!
I would LOVE to hear if you did this. Comment below if you try this or if you have any fun ideas to add.
Denise Williams is a Kansas City photographer specializing in capturing families and creating keepsakes.